Tuesday, July 20, 2010

...it's about that time...


As I do best, I have procrastinated…extremely so.  It is the night, well morning, before I hit the road to India for three years and packing just began a few hours ago…as did the wanting of a packing break and the realization that I need to write an actual blog post and keep all you crazy cats updated on my life!  Please try to bear with me, as lack of sleep and a never-ending to-do list often have detrimental effects on my streams of both thought and word.

India- yes, INDIA; Not INDIANA…(you’d be surprised how many times people think I must have mispronounced and meant Indiana…….seriously).  I will be teaching at an international school called Woodstock located in the foothills of the Himalayas in northern India (www.woodstock.ac.in). The school seems like it will be a perfect fit and I am excited beyond belief to began this journey.  Hopefully all will go according to plan and I will be a splendid blogger, keeping this thing up to date so you can journey along with me.

As I likely will not have Internet access for a while, here is the line up for the upcoming week or so:

Tomorrow morning I head out at 11:15 from the Lacrosse airport and enter into two days of solid travel…lax to Chicago, Chicago to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to New Delhi.  Once in Delhi, Woodstock will be putting me up in a hotel for a few days while we wait for the rest of the new staff to arrive- a great time to recover from the jetlag and explore the infamous hustle and bustle of the city- From Delhi all us “new staffers” will be taking a train north to Dehradun and then a bus to Mussoorie- finding me at my new home on July 24.  The tentative agenda for the first week or so is pretty packed- meetings, orientations and loads of prep time with classes beginning on August 2 (goodbye summertime).

Please keep in touch! I am a strong believer in snail mail and promise to reply in a very timely manner… everyone needs a postcard from India on their fridge…

Emily Shriver
Woodstock School
Mussoorie
Uttarakhand 248179
India

1 comment: