Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Leisure pursuit

This Sunday is India’s Independence Day and in honor of the celebration, various activities have been occurring all week, and will culminate in a festival/ceremony of sorts this weekend. One of these activities has been consuming my life lately, and I feel I should apologize for my extreme delay in communicative responses. Bollywood, …oh yes, Bollywood. The intensive training is taking up almost every free hour I have (example: Nan and I just returned home from practice at 8. Our ayah had made us chipatis and sabzis which we chomped down, showing more intensity in our eating than dancing- and then we practiced the routine again, and now it is time for bed..) Chorographers from Delhi are at Woodstock for the week and have been training different age groups at different times, including our staff group. Its pretty intense- I can now see why there are Bollywood workout videos back in the states. I feel like I am at a show choir practice, some of these moves are absolutely ridiculous, I’ll be sure to pass them along to you all; the Lacrosse area won’t know what hit ‘em. I never thought it would be so much fun to say, ‘sorry, I cant come, I have dance practice…” haha- naturally I have been dropping this line at every moment possible.

Im terribly sorry if you all don’t get as much of a kick out of all of this as I do.. maybe you will find the video more amusing- I’m pretty positive it will be posted on youtube at some point…
Until after the big recital…

1 comment: