Wednesday, May 18, 2011

spun.

last week i spent some quality time in the health center, got on antibiotics, and am officially back and kicking..except for recent sleep deprivation resulting from a ridiculous series of events:

i was under the impression that is was completely normal to change your sheets, oh every 3 months or so. apparently this is not the case and i fail yet again in becoming a real adult. anyway, indian mattresses are the equivalent of a piece of ply wood which means i have to flip mine and try to beat any cushion into it much more often than i would like. this weekend i went on my biweekly fluff mission and when i pulled my sheet out, my brain momentarily stopped working. i would give anything for the 2 seconds of bliss in which it took my mind to fully process what my eyes were seeing. since this moment, i have not been able to function even close to normally and average about 3 hours of sleep tops per night.
there was a large. no, huge, spider ON TOP OF A FREAKING EGG SACK attached to my sheet. the sheet that i sleep under. (i must insert here that for the past week or so i was finding mysterious bites all over my body and dreaming of tarantulas....probably because this spider was crawling on my face). i flipped shit and went on an intense cleaning/purging spree that lasted 8 hours and included washing ALL my sheets, pillows, blankets, rugs and moving my bed across the room.
convinced that i had successfully cleansed my room and could sleep soundly, i had a glass or two of wine and settled into bed. after a night of not sleeping because i was paranoid that bugs were crawling all over me, i woke up at 5:15, rolled out of bed, went to grab my book from the floor, looked up and discovered that, well, i had been sleeping with a cockroach. awesome.
i figure next on the list is scorpion...real excited for that one. needless to say, i have been walking around like a zombie and hallucinating bugs everywhere.
other highlights of the recent week.
1. monday: i slept for 18 hours straight
2. tuesday: i thought that i had killed a student by forcing her to breath into a plastic bag because i couldn't find a paper bag and she passed out in the hallway.
3. wednesday: i mastered the art of stool samples yet again. carrying it up the mountain in my backpack alongside my school computer.
4. thursday: successfully set up the hammock.
5. friday: observed my two good friends, one who is 50 and has been down and out on account of typhoid and another who is 23, shoot a slingshot at a can of shaving cream hoping it would cause a controlled explosion.
6. saturday: i spent my night at the eighth grade formal dancing to kesha with lauren terry and a whole bunch of 13 year olds...and enjoyed it.
7. sunday: spider incident from hell

jealous?

a picture to make everything better

i recently realized i never posted my hike up to school on the blog. if you are extremely bored and have nothing better to do for thirty minutes, take a gander; you might be impressed, but definitely will be entertained. i would advise popping a motion sickness pill if you are prone to it...it gets a little bumpy. the video is from last monsoon (a time in my life i am trying to forget) but the walk still is the same, the breathing is just a little easier now that i have done it every single day for the past year...

ok it takes way too long to load a video on a blog and i have nowhere near enough patience. here are the youtube links if you are really interested
daily climb
part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z23ps0fjA&feature=related
part two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPWaP1G4Wo
part three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0TxRoZpdNg&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment