Sunday, September 12, 2010

perseverance.

I have been very aware of my surroundings lately and every day I am constantly reminded of how different life here in Mussoorie is. Sure there are the daily electricity outs, the evening call to prayer from the mosque, continuous horns blaring, extreme poverty reminders around each corner, rain, not snow, delays for school, and I could go on and on- but one thing in particular really stands out…the commute. It’s absolutely impossible for me to roll out of bed, throw on some clothes and make it to work within five minutes (not that I EVER have done that before). It’s also impossible for me to take my sixth cup of delicious coffee to go, get in the Subaru and head down the road. You see, I have to walk, no hike, up the mountain. Many of you have heard me talk of this morning routine, and have probably assumed I was exaggerating in typical Emily Shriver style. This is not true. In order to share a bit of my morning routine with all of you back home, Lauren and I decided to take video on our way up- for those of you who have time on your hands, please sit back, relax, crack a cold one and enjoy the entertainment. Bonus points for anyone who sticks through the whole video!

(sorry about the motion sickness you are likely to experience- it’s a bit tricky to film, talk, balance a coffee mug and hike all at the same time)





No comments:

Post a Comment